Based in Sydney, Australia
13 November 2013
|USD - iOS||$2.99|
|USD - PC||$3.99|
Usually when you see a description of a sequel that starts with "The two main characters are back and bigger than ever" it's a sure sign of a cash grab. Andre and Liselot are back, and this game is bigger than ever! Super Lemonade Factory Two has more of everything you loved about the first, more zany dialog, more gorgeous pixel art and more spikes. Taking place around the globe in Sydney Australia, New York City and a military base.
Super Lemonade Factory was released in March 2012 and was immediately with passionate criticism, both positive and negative. The sequel hopes to please some of the people who made complaints about the game, while intentionally messing with the people who had complaints not based in reality.
- Sequel to the quirky 2012 game Super Lemonade Factory, rewritten from the ground up. Other sequels we enjoy include Wonder Boy In Monster Land and Portal 2. Sequels we did not enjoy include S. Darko and California Games II.
- Definitely not the first game to feature the Sydney Harbour Bridge or the Sydney Opera House, as International Karate had those features 27 years ago.
- Play your own music while you unravel the story and travel the world. Discover new music by checking our suggested soundtrack.
- Works with iCade and iControlPad. MFi controller support coming as soon as I have a physical device for testing.
- Trampolines! Crates! Enemies... but are they bad people?
- Premium pixel art by Miguelito.
- So what's the hook?
- This is an original IP, and that's not easy. In a world where nostalgia is sold as a commodity, launching an original series is tough.
- This is actually independent. The word indie has become overloaded and co-opted. We have no backers, sponsors or shareholders.
- Tweet directly to the characters and have them tweet back at you. Twitter accounts manned by the funniest and sharpest people on the internet.
Logo & Icon
- "The sequel to Initial's puzzle platformer, Super Lemonade Factory, will launch on the iTunes App Store on Nov. 13, with the game being free to download until Nov. 15, the developer told Polygon."
- Polygon, http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/8/5081932/super-lemonade-factory-2
- "There are still some esoteric exchanges between the characters, mind, and it still looks ruddy gorgeous."
- PocketGamer, http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/Super+Lemonade+Factory+2/news.asp?c=55218
- "If it was the finished article, then Super Lemonade Factory 2 would be among the very best platformers on the App Store. As it is it's an engaging curio, an infuriating, sometimes brilliant list of complaints and triumphs... A mixed bag of brilliance and frustration, Super Lemonade Factory 2 is still worth a look."
- Harry Slater, Pocket Gamer
- "Best app in the App Store. End of."
- MrAsherkEsq, TouchArcade Forum
- "this experience is surreal... sooo good."
- Drummerboycroy, TouchArcade Forum
- "Recommended! Solid and pretty funny. Don't miss that, folks."
- Habakuk, TouchArcade Forum
- "Great! - Solid 8-bit style, great music and graphics. If Apple ever ships physical controllers, I'll definitively be playing this one."
- "***** The rare combination of tight controls, clever level design, great writing, cool animation, and a nice soundtrack. He's done it again. This series is one of ios's true standouts."
- "...silly platforming game..."
- Indie Game Bundles, indiegamebundles.com
- "To paraphrase Ebert: I hated this game. Hated hated hated hated hated this game. Hated it. Hated every simpering stupid vacant audience-insulting moment of it. Hated the sensibility that thought anyone would like it. Hated the implied insult to the audience by its belief that anyone would be entertained by it. Fuck you buddy, you and your free 'game.' I didn't understand it. It made me feel confused and old and carsick and tired all at once. I don't know if you're joking on us with the game or maybe I'm losing my mind. I hate your game though, worse than I ever hated anything I've ever played before. WHY? WHY? WHAT IS THE POINT? HOW CAN YOU DEFEND INFLICTING THIS ON PEOPLE? IS THIS SUPPOSED TO MAKE ME HAVE FUN? I DON'T GET IT, BUT I HATE IT. I probably missed something. It's probably a decent little platform game and I missed something big like one of the buttons or how to make it fun. I pray it's a better game than I thought it was trying to play it, because I don't want to live in a world where people play games like this.
- Enthusiastically, Reddit
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Soundtrack contains songs by Go Exploring
Available from goexploring.bandcamp.com.
Music by Derris Kharlan
Intro music by nathanantony.com.
We are the creators of Super Lemonade Factory.
More information on Initials, our logo & relevant media are available here.